Sunday, May 27, 2012

Graduation

Lesson learned- no more Kodak camera for me. Both of mine lasted exactly 6 months and 3 weeks before dying in the exact same way for no reason that I can think of. I'm getting a new camera next month- I'm thinking a Samsung ES55. Shopping for anything digital always makes me momentarily bitter about how all it used to take for me to get a decent new camera was $75 and a trip to WalMart. Now it's triple that price and 3 weeks of trying to find a shop that sells it. /end rant

Anyway, I'll have a new camera quickly this time because I want to bring one on Otter Trail in August. My current dead camera managed to take a few pics at graduation. They're blurry because the screen died first, but you can get the idea of what graduation was like. It seemed shorter this year and the church was more open and less stuffy than the one we used last year. The students that chose to attend graduation represent just about 3% of the total student body.

A group from Global Ministries was there as well. I had missed their visit to the college because I had the flu, but we all met up after the graduation ceremony at the reception.

The church where we had graduation this year is beautiful.

Some of this year's graduates before the ceremony

About an hour before the ceremony- the church ended up being packed

This has nothing to do with graduation. It was my number for the Pan-African Championships. Amazingly I didn't come in last place. Though I've only shot once since then so whomever I beat would most certainly out-shoot me now.

Mayhem, curled up with a good book.


After I took the book away she fell asleep half off the bed.


Mayhem's a year old now, a full grown cat. I've been letting her out in the garden and it turns out she's a bit of a bully. There's a black cat that acts like it used to belong to someone but now sleeps in the compost heap at our back wall. I feed him every day and at first Mayhem was afraid of him. Now she harasses him. I have to keep her from chasing him away from his food.

What a punk.