Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Dispatch Ghost Story

This is the busiest time of the year for the college. I'm the only person working in dispatch at the moment (though others help out when they can) and it's getting hectic in there. I've started locking myself in the dispatch building for a few reasons, so I'm usually the only person in there.

Last week very few people were in dispatch but I kept losing glue sticks. I use them often and I had to keep getting more from the supply closet in the main college building. It was getting irritating to have to stop what I was doing to get glue every day. Friday afternoon I found myself without a glue stick again so I walked to the main building and then straight back to dispatch. I went to the packing table where I'd been moments before and found all 4 glue sticks that had been lost in the previous 4 days lined up on the table.

No one was in dispatch. No one had gone to dispatch. No one has owned up to stealing my glue sticks.

The dispatch ghost is messing with me.